Employers Choice Screening and its partners offer a wide array of clinical and onsite drug testing services via our national chain of laboratories. We offer personalized, comprehensive pre-employment drug screening, including specimen collection, laboratory coordination, medical review, and result reporting.
- 7, 9, and 10-panel profiles
- Laboratory based urine and hair follicle drug testing
- Point of collection (instant lab based) testing
- Paper and electronic chain of custody forms
- DOT and Non-DOT, Pre-Employment, Random Selection, Periodic Testing, Post-Accident Testing, Reasonable Suspicion Testing, Return-to-Duty Testing
- Customized or standard Drug Testing Kits and test panels
|7 Panel||Amphetamines; Barbiturates; Benzodiazepines; Cannabinoids; Cocaine; Opiates; Propoxyphene|
|9 Panel||Amphetamines; Barbiturates; Benzodiazepines; Cannabinoids; Cocaine; Methadone; Opiates; Phencyclidine; Propoxyphene|
|10 Panel||Amphetamines; Barbiturates; Benzodiazepines; Cannabinoids; Cocaine; MDMA (I) Powder Ecstasy; Methadone; Methaqualone; Opiates; Phencyclidine; Propoxyphene|
We have a nationwide network of nearly 10,000 convenient testing laboratories and multiple options for reporting results.
The drug screening process consists of several steps:
- The applicant begins the drug screening process by signing an authorization form
- The authorization form is transmitted to Employers Choice Screening
- The applicant receives an electronic chain-of-custody form as well as a list of convenient local laboratories in your area
- The applicant travels to the laboratory and submits a specimen
- The specimen is tested and then reviewed by a Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- The temperature of your sample will also be measured to ensure that it’s in the expected range
- Results are reported to the applicant, usually within 24 hours
Employee background checks and drug testing programs often incorporate hair follicle drug testing into their plans due to the sheer accuracy of these tests. Hair follicle testing is more expensive than urine drug testing, yet provides a level of accuracy that is nearly ten times greater. Hair follicle drug testing can detect trace amounts of illicit substances trapped in the cortex of the hair for up to 90-days after use.
Hair follicle drug testing also skips the embarrassing collection of urine and saliva samples for testing. In most cases, a sample of a few strands of hair is all that is needed to obtain accurate results.
The detection window is also much larger in hair drug testing because trace amounts of drug chemicals become trapped inside each hair follicle. A simple lab test can detect these trace chemicals making for either a positive or negative test result.