Background screening companies have become very important in today’s world. Employers use background screening companies to check on potential employees, contractors, or in some cases interns or volunteers.
These companies can check to see if what a person claims on an application or resume is the truth. Verifying previous employment, education, references, criminal backgrounds and more are just a few of the services offered by these companies.
There are many of these companies available to provide their services, and below is a sampling of some of the largest background screening companies.
Employers Choice Screening
This company is one of the largest and most trusted background screening companies in the world. Employers Choice Screening. provides legally compliant results that reduce workplace violence, theft, substance abuse and negligent hiring liabilities Able to perform background searches in over 200 countries, this company is known for its rapid turnaround time and industry competitive rates.
What sets Employers Choice Screening apart from the competition:
- Client-User-Friendly Reports: Employers Choice Screening reports are clear, accurate, compliant with all Federal and State laws, and visually appealing.
- Rapid turnaround time: Reports are returned within 24-48 hours. Some searches are instant.
- Full integration with all Applicant Tracking Systems – online software platform has the capabilities to fully integrate with any HR or Applicant Tracking system
- Assigned Account Representative – Clients have a direct point of contact who knows their assigned client’s needs.
- Compliant in all 50 states to perform employment background checks (reports, disclosure forms, and notices)
- User-friendly online software platform where clients may order, review, and print background reports 24/7.
- No set-up fees or additional cost for training -Employers Choice Screening provides training on an ongoing basis to all current clients, including laws updates, searches updates, system updates and more at no additional cost.
General Information Services, Inc.
In business for over 45 years, this is one of the largest background screening companies in the industry. An industry leader, it was at the forefront when background screening became big business in the United States. Used by private companies as well as numerous government agencies, GIS performs more than 1 million background checks per year.
Other services the company offers include:
- Criminal background checks
- Compliance tracking
- Applicant tracking
- Employee surveys
Universal Background Screening
In business over 30 years, this company is known for its detailed criminal background checks.
Services offered by UBS include:
- 50-state Sex Offender searches
- Patriot Act searches
- Social Security tracing
- Driving records
- Licensure verification
- Degree verification
When it comes to needing verification for employment or other purposes, these companies have proven themselves more than capable of getting the answers in a quick and accurate fashion.